Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Simple Daybook

I'm blogging along with The Simple Woman's Daybook today. Its refreshing to just "fill in the blank" as opposed to over thinking a super-serious post (like I have been doing).



For Today:



Outside my window... the sun is shining and it looks, deceivingly, like a beautiful day. Too bad its really 100 degrees with who knows how high a heat index.



I am thinking... about how uncomfortable change is for me. Work is changing, we're looking for a house and my baby is starting school. Its all very overwhelming for me, and not in an exciting kind of way.



I am thankful for... my health.



From the kitchen... I really, really want to make ham and beans, but didn't get the beans last night to soak, so now I wonder what we are going to have for dinner.



I am wearing... my favorite scrubs. I hardly ever wear them b/c I like them so much and am afraid I will wear them out. But then I wonder what's the point of having something you like so much just sit in your closet. I'm like this with a lot of things, but that's a-whole-nother blog post.



I am creating... a wreath/bouquet/flower something for my grandmother's grave. My mom asked me to and brought me all the flowers, glue, etc. in a big bag. Now I just need to pull it out and get inspired.



I am going... to trust in Romans 8:28.



I am reading... 1. Making Peace with your Past (more of a workbook for a church class really) and How We Love by Milan and Kay Yerkovich (highly recommended)



I am hoping... that the hubby really doesn't have to work this weekend.



I am hearing... the front desk staff laughing. Wonder what they are laughing about?



Around the house... is disorganized. We need to have a yard sale ASAP!!



One of my favorite things... right now is McDonald's Mocha Frappes. I could really go for one this minute :)



A few plans for the rest of the week: 1. finish an application, 2. school shopping, 3. get a haircut for myself and little man, 4. go to the store, finally.



Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



My momma and gpa on her wedding day last year. I made her flower bouquet (first time ever) which is why I've been commissioned to make one for my grandmother's grave site.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. As the pace picks up leading back to school and into Fall, I pray we all get moments of calm to be grateful for the simple things in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment