Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kaleidoscope by Patsy Clairmont, Book Review


As you can tell, I desperately need to get caught up with my book reviews. I love to read, but lately have been reading some pretty deep stuff and haven't had time to really blog about anything.

Patsy Clairmont, a funny, vivacious Women of Faith speaker and author, penned this book. Subtitled "Seeing God's Wit and Wisdom in a Whole New Light", Patsy's focus is the book of Proverbs. Each chapter looks at a different verse of Proverbs and then Patsy brings that verse into today's world. She then shares a personal story the reinforce the idea in the scripture.

I have really enjoyed this book. It is humorous and lighthearted. Each chapter is short, and it almost reminds me of a devotional of sorts. When I have been so deep in serious, soul searching "stuff" that I feel like my mind is going to shut down, I have found myself opening this book for relief. Patsy reminds us in the book, that everything doesn't have to be so hard to understand, God has actually put many "small gems of hope and truth" right into the book of Proverbs. Furthermore, those same "gems" hold true still today.

I recommend picking this book up for those days when you just need to smile. It would also make a great gift.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment