Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Do Dogs go to Heaven?

Seriously... If you believe in such, do you think our pets are there when they die? My mom's beloved pet (her furr-daughter, if you will) died last Monday. It gives her a lot of comfort to think of Wilbur Jane being in Heaven, running around playfully like she did when she was young.

So, what do you think?







I am going to do a memorial for her later... My mom requested it and I'm more than happy to oblige. Check back later for some pics of little Wilbur Jane.

3 comments:

  1. I hope some day when our sweet old lady (Our Golden Retriever) passes on that she will be in heaven running around and much skinnier then she is now! :0)

    Im sorry for her pet... its so hard losing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post this earlier and then had a kid emergency, not sure if it went through.
    Here's a quote I thought was pretty cool. Joni Eareckson Tada says, "If God brings our pets back to life, it wouldn't surprise me. It would be just like him. It would be totally in keeping with his generous character. . . Exorbitant. Excessive. Extravagant in grace after grace. Of all the dazzling discoveries and ecstatic pleasures heaven will hold for us, the potential of seeing Scrappy would be pure whimsy—utterly, joyfully, surprisingly superfluous. . . Heaven is going to be a place that will refract and reflect in as many ways as possible the goodness of joy of our great God, who delights in lavishing love on his children."
    Sorry about your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks for that quote, Lula Lola! I'll have to save that one and pass it on :)

    ReplyDelete