Monday, February 1, 2010

Enough is More Than Enough

In my journey walking with Christ, I've learned a few things. One of them is that God doesn't always speak to me in the same way. Sometimes he is quiet, sometimes He whispers and a lot of times I am really confused. But every once in a while, He gives us a good shout and calls us to action.

Yesterday, our message in church was called "Hoarding Fear." Follow the link to read the message. It was one of those Sundays when you are really happy you showed up. I was struck by the message, even taking notes (I never do that). I reflected on it the rest of the day, asking myself "am I putting something ahead of God?" "Hmmm... Maybe I will address it tomorrow when I start having quiet time." The business of the evening picked up, though, and I stopped thinking about it.

In fact, I hadn't given it much thought at all today until I started reading some of my favorite blogs. Chrissy posted about it on her blog. Lysa TerKeurst ( a christian author) addressed it here. There are probably at least 2 or 3 other places I've seen or heard this addressed today.

So, I ask you... think God is trying to tell me something? Maybe my priorities aren't quite where I thought they were.

Does this ever happen to you?

I'm actually thankful because it makes things so much clearer than when He is quiet or whispering, but I am kind of embarrassed that it has taken this to get my attention.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you de-lurked and said hello today!

    Nice to meet you too!

    Blessings and good luck with the give-away this week!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to have a look at the link. But just the title of hoarding fear makes me think I will relate to it. There are some things which I can't seem to shake feeling fearful over.

    ReplyDelete