
Its that time again, 5 questions friday. I really love it for two reasons: 1) I like to bloghop and learn quirky little tidbits about people and 2) I'm really tired by friday and not feeling very creative or clever, so answering questions works for me. Visit Mama M's blog for a fun, interesting read :)
On to the questions...
1. Would you ever vacation alone?
I'd love to be hip and say "yeah, totally." But I'm not hip and don't particularly like being alone. I'd much rather be with family or have some of my much more hip girlfriends with me.
2. Do you go the speed limit?
Well, that depends... Is it before work on a Tu/Th/F when little man has fought tooth and nail to get every single morning task done and then in the cutest/sweetest voice asked "can we please stop at the gas station for breakfast?" Because on those days, NO, I do not go the speed limit.
Most of the time, though, yes, I do, especially in town and around our neighborhood.
3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?
A couple of my "friends" on facebook had blogs and I really enjoyed reading their's. I wanted an outlet for my thoughts, so I decided to start one of my own. It is definitely a work in progress.
4. Where do you shop for yourself?
Ha.ha.hahaha... shop for myself, as if. My favorite stores are the Gap, Old Navy, Kohl's. However, I hate paying retail, so in the interest of full disclosure, I usually buy my stuff at yardsales and resales. I'm very picky, but I have a closet full of proof that you can find nice, current style clothes and accessories without sacrificing a lot of dough.
5. What was the song that you danced your first dance with your spouse to at your wedding...or...what song would you like your first dance to be to?
Hubby and I got married in Vegas, baby. Spur of the moment style, just like in a bad movie. Only we weren't drunk and it was the middle of the day. Not only did we not have a first song (unless you count whatever might have been playing overhead when we got back to the hotel/casino), I did not have a wedding dress... or a pretty flower arrangement...or a bridesmaid...or someone to walk me down the aisle.
Really, I'm not bitter about it. It seemed like a really great, cost effective idea at the time (only $99, if you care to know). We knew we were going to get married some day and we were already living together, so what the hay, lets just do this ( I remember the conversation going something like that).
But, you know what, we will be celebrating 5 years in April and are just as happy, if not happier, than a lot of other couples we know.
Happy Friday! Have a super weekend!

I don't know many people who have married in Vegas but the few that I do know have the said the exact same thing that you said!
ReplyDeleteI hate being alone too. I mean why would anyone go on vacation by themselves? Without the kids - I could understand - but completely alone?
ReplyDelete