The letter about an upcoming Halloween Party our class is having.
You know, the one that I wanted to go out tomorrow in take home folders.
Yeah, that letter that I should already be written.
Anyway........ I realized that I kind of get a rush. Like an adrenaline rush with a little high when the product of my procrastination still turns out great. The rush of activity elevates my mood and I feel confident and successful.
It's my drug.
And, much like other drugs, I'm not proud of it. Until now, I wouldn't "brag" about my ability to successfully procrastinate. Yet, I continue to do it. I know that I don't necessarily plan to do things at the last minute just for that brief "high", but the elevated mood, extra energy, and sense of accomplishment certainly don't keep stop me.
Is it just me or do some of you reading also love the rush of a rushed job well done?
Tag! Your It!
ReplyDeleteVisit my blog to get instructions:
http://melissaslittlemiracles.blogspot.com/