But... then today rolled around and I got nervous. Really nervous. I mean, who am I to talk about Easter of all things. I'm not a scholar. I haven't studied the bible; I haven't even read the whole book. How could I possibly do a discussion about this holiest of holidays justice? What could I ever say that hasn't already been said?
And I prayed about it. And through prayer I realized that I'm looking at it all wrong. If I allow myself to buy into the idea that I have no business talking about Jesus' death and resurrection, then that actually undermines the whole event.
Because Jesus came for me...
And for you...
And the homeless guy on the corner. And the high school dropout. And our parents. Our children. People we've never met. People who have never heard the name of Jesus spoken.
He died for us all. If I continue to limit myself because I don't feel "good enough" to talk about his sacrifice then I validate the misconception that I also must not be "good enough" for it. And that is exactly the attitude that keeps so many people from coming to know Christ. It is a lie that anyone among us is better than another or more worthy to spread the word of God's love for us. Some may be more effective or more charismatic, true, but not more worthy.
So, I will continue my thoughts on Easter tomorrow. Or, I guess, get started on my thoughts about Easter? Since today's was technically a preface?
Anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment