Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday

As you can probably tell, I've been in a blogging rut. I really thought starting this new class at church would inspire me, but it hasn't. I have certainly learned a lot and it has been wonderful so far. But the things we are dealing with in this class just aren't things that I'm ready or willing to share right now. It's been a big step just to share with the few other ladies in my class.



Part of what we are uncovering in the class is how we deal with feelings. Let's just say, I'm not so great at that. So, I've been trying to be very conscious of acknowledging and identifying my feelings lately. And you know what I've been feeling more often than not? Gratitude. I am just so content and thankful for what I've been given. That doesn't mean I'm always super happy or bubbly. And it isn't that negative things haven't happened. It's just that even with the bad, I've still felt full.



So, with that in mind, I've decided on another installement of Thankful Thursday:




  1. My healthy five year old. Seriously, I can't remember the last time he was really sick. Do you hear that thumping? That's me knocking on wood.

  2. My poor hubby who has had to work out in this awful heat these last few days. Really, I don't know how he does it. I'm hot just looking out the window.

  3. Our fun-little-nothin'fancy-4ft pool in the back yard. Hubby has been working so hard to keep it clean for us. There is nothing better than coming home, putting on the suit, and taking a little dip.

  4. BBQing.

  5. The grocery store (Hy-Vee in particular is awesome!). Isn't it incredible that we can go to one store and get everything. I mean, seriously, I was thinking about this yesterday. We don't have to scavenger around or barter at 10 different places. We just walk through the doors and its all right there.

  6. My doggy who keeps me motivated 5 days out of the week to take him for a walk.

  7. AIR CONDITIONING-- can I get an Amen on that?

  8. Smiles from strangers.

  9. A sincere, unforced thank you from a child.

  10. Grace... From God, from others, from myself.

What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment