Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring Cleaning- Let the Fun Begin

So, I am going to join up with Beautiful 2 God for the next several Mondays as we tackle spring cleaning together.

I don't know about you, but the idea of an official spring cleaning has always been overwhelming to me. But Sarah has made it possible. Each week, a different area of our home will be our focus. This week is the entry way.

Our home doesn't have much in the way of an entry way, so I thought "what a great (meaning easy) way to start." However, as I read down Sarah's list, I realized that our area still needs some work.

So, here are my goals for this week:

  1. Oh, the dreaded coat closet-- ours is so full with our own coats and junk that our guests can't even put their coats in there if they wanted. So, I will be cleaning it out, making room for **gasp** actual outerwear and finding a new home for the pool accessories, games and all my accumulated gift bags/tissue paper/what nots. (reduce, recycle, reuse--right?).
  2. I am going to clean the front door inside and out. To be honest, we've lived here over 5 years and, other than sanitizing the doorknobs, I haven't cleaned the door.
  3. Mop and wax the tile. Also, I'm going to try to find a cheap, new (to us at least) rug. Currently, our old ducky rug from the bathroom is greeting our guests. No, I'm not joking.
  4. Finally... (cue dun, dun, dun music) I am going to try my hand at fixing the doorbell button. I'm sure I can do it, right?
  5. Oh, shoot. I thought I was done. Nope, I'm also going to clean up outside the front door by wiping down the table and chairs and cleaning up the lint dust that our dryer exhaust puts out.

Wow, that should keep me busy. Sarah will be posting updates on Friday, but I am going to give myself until Monday. I will try to post a before picture from my cell phone if I can later.

BTW... Does anyone know anything about doorbell buttons????

Happy Monday! You know what spring cleaning means-- its almost spring! Woo Hoo!

5 comments:

  1. Doorbells, oh that reminds me... darn! I have wires sticking out for one of those!

    I hope you are able to accomplish a lot! Thanks for linking up! Looking forward to seeing how much you got done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love your post! Thank you for stopping by my blog and following me. I'm now following you as well and look forward to seeing your Spring Cleaning success as well! Good luck!

    Oh, and I don't have the first clue about doorbell buttons. All I know is that ours only works part of the time these days and I'm glad because the neighbor kids used to wake up my youngest during naptime all the time and now that doesn't happen. WoooHooo! See, sometimes it's better when things don't work. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't even have a door bell . . . so I can't help you there! Your ducky rug gave me a chuckle! Thanks for stopping by and following me - I'm going to follow suit! Looking forward to hearing about what you get done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in your cleaning! It's a great feeling when you're done! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am tired just reading the list! LOL
    It's a good thing, though. And the payoff is good...not that I've tried some of these things...cleaning's not my best skill. Good Luck!
    :)

    ReplyDelete