He is just a great dog and loves his family dearly. Tucker is sad to see us leave in the morning and anxiously awaits our arrival home with a wagging tail and big, wet kiss. In fact, when I stop and think about his attitude, I wish more of us were like dogs. Dogs don't hold grudges over the little things in life. They are truly appreciative of even the smallest treats and aren't afraid to show their human's their appreciation and affection. Tucker has had the same candy cane toy for a year and a half and still plays with it whenever he can. He's never dropped it at my feet and looked up at me like "come on, isn't it time to upgrade?" Tucker (almost) always comes when I call him. He's is never too tired or too busy for a walk.
Can we all say that we treat our family members this way? I can't say that I always do. I've been too busy for a walk and have still been mad at Chris after work for something he did the night before. What if we all got to come home to a house full of the kind of unconditional love that our pets offer us? What if our happiness was measured by the amount of love we shared with each other instead of how much stuff we can acquire? I know we have responsibilities and deal with issues that don't even cross our dogs minds, but I still believe we could take some relationship tips from our furry friends.

I love my dogs too! Great thoughts Mali.
ReplyDelete