Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Come again some other day. Gosh, if only that worked. Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Columbia and I am almost positive I heard the weatherman say that today would bring more of the same. Yet, here I am, looking out my office window seeing only gray skies and rain. Oh well, at least I don't feel like I am missing anything.

We carved pumpkins last night. Well, Chris and I did. Mikah was working on homework (aka texting) in his room and Darin was mainly supervising. Darin decided that helping to scoop the pumpkin's "guts" was gross and best left to mommy and daddy. Since he can't use a knife, he also couldn't carve the face. However, he was very specific about what he wanted "his" pumpkin's face to look like. I believe I was on my third draft before he just took the paper and drew exactly what he wanted. I made some adaptations, but he still seemed pleased when we were finished. I'll have to get Chris to take some pictures with his phone so I can upload them. Darin also drew on one of the pumpkins we grew. He made a lady pumpkins, complete with eyelashes :) All that pumpkin carving made me crave pumpkin pie, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment