Can someone please help me figure out how to link to another blog in my post? I've tried using the shortcut control+shift+a, but it isn't working. Any advice is very much appreciated and useful. Thanks in advance.
Oh, and P.S., anyone that can help figure out how to include one of those cute signatures at the end of my posts?
Testing, testing... trying to link to Jessica's blog.
I want to know too!
ReplyDeleteDepends on if are using the new or old post editor. On the new one, on the bar above your post where it says Link. On the old one it has some kind of symbol, but if you hold your mouse over it, it should say link. You highlight the words that you want to link with and click on the Link button and it will give you a box to paste the website you are trying to link.
ReplyDeleteLike on my last post I linked Ashley's blog. I opened a separate web page and got her blog pulled up and copied the address line and then I highlighted her name and clicked on link and then pasted the web address from her blog and voila, there you have it!
Hope this helped!
Thanks, Jessica. I'm going to try it right now :)
ReplyDeleteYay! That worked. I can't believe I've missed that little button. I've been trying to make it much more difficult than it needed to be :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Glad I could help! Considering I'm still learning too!
ReplyDeleteOn the bottom of one of my posts, click on the signature. It will take you to a site that will walk you through creating one. Once it does, you will need to save the code somewhere on your computer, because you will have to copy it into your post in HTML mode every time. I am sure there is an easier way, in fact I know there is, but I don't know how to do it.
ReplyDeleteAnother thing you may want to do...go to your settings in dashboard, and go to comments, then enter an email address to which you'd like comments to be emailed. You should sign up for a free gmail account to do this. Sign up for the account first.
ReplyDeleteThen, in your profile, check the box that says "show email." If it's an anonymous email you've created through gmail, it will be ok to show. That way, not only will you be able to check comments through that email, people like me, will be able to respond to your comments to the same email! Let me know if you have questions about it!!