Monday, November 9, 2009

Darin's Latest Accident

First, in Clayton family news, we had a pretty good weekend...that is up until about 3:30 yesterday. My mom, D and I went to Van Buren, MO for my little cousin's wedding. It was really pretty, with at fall theme. I think daddy must have missed us the night we were gone because yesterday he really wanted to spend the afternoon with us. Big daddy loves to golf and little D loves to drive the cart, so that's how we decided to spend the afternoon. At the 8th hole, D decided to try to leave daddy in the golf cart ( I was with D) b/c daddy had done the same to him earlier. Unfortunately, D has a lead foot already and we soon went barreling (and I mean that b/c that is what it felt like) out of control. I was yelling for D to slow down as we jumped the next tee box and, before I knew it, D flew out of the cart. It happened so fast, I still can't believe it. D landed on the cart path (of course, instead of the grass). I got the cart stopped quickly as Chris was running over. Of course, I thought the worst because, really, with a fall like that he should have broken a bone or cracked his head open. Luckily, he just skinned his knee and elbow really badly. It really was so scary that I was shaking. Even though I keep blaming myself a little, I know there wasn't anything I could have done differently other than not ever letting him drive the cart. A little voice keeps bringing the guilt, but the spirit in me keeps quieting it. I think it must have scared daddy and I more than D because he is already talking about the next time he drives the golf cart going slower. As if he'll get to drive again.

No comments:

Post a Comment