So, yesterday I was not feeling very inspired to write about making my words inspiring. I'm still not sure if how often my words will fall into this category. I just can't see someone quoting me on facebook years from now, lol. However, I do hope at some points in my life, I speak words inspired by God. In fact, that's a pretty good goal, to be inspired by God everyday and share that with others.
Now, the N for necessary seems to be where I lack a lot of self control. I definitely don't rein in my words. In fact, in my past there was many a teacher that would even call me a chatterbox, go figure. And this aspect is what got me started addressing my speech in the first place. I felt like some of the stuff I was saying just didn't mean anything anymore. I was my speech and words to have impact. I feel like I'm at least more aware now. There is a book I'm considering buying. Its a devotional of sorts called "30 Days to Taming your Tongue." I will let you know if I get it and how much it helps. If nothing else, there should be some good, insightful biblical references.
Tomorrow is the last letter of the acroynm- K is for kind.
In other news... I'm getting baptized tonight!!!! I am so excited and just overwhelmed by the love of God that I feel and that I have for Him. Its been a long 30 years but I know that God has, is and will continue to use me for His glory. I'm just so thankful that he has never given up on me and stayed true to his word. God is love, grace, patience, consistent, all giving, all powerful and so much more. I can't believe that God would send his only son (and the only rightful heir to his kingdom) not to enjoy his kingdom, but to die for us, mere sinners without a clue. Just meditate on that for a second. Can you imagine the love that takes? I gotta say, I wouldn't trade my precious Darin up for a prostitute in New York. But God traded Jesus, a perfect man, for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment