Gosh, I just can't believe this year has gone by so quickly. I guess our parents were right that time flies the older you get. It makes me wonder why I rush around so much, which is really just rushing time forward even more. I understand that part of being responsible is planning ahead, being on time, etc. But don't we all over do it every now and again? I mean, I'm so absorbed in the future sometimes and how I want it to look that I forget the moments of right now. We spend so much time filling our days, keeping busy with this and that, when the truth is that a lot of it is just nonsense filler.
Psalm 46:10 says: "Be still, and know that I am God..."
Last night, I was cuddling on the couch with Darin. He was kind of laying with his head on my chest. His face tilted slightly upward to where when I looked down my chest at him I could see his whole face. That moment is like a photograph in my mind. His rosy lips were closed and slightly pursed. He is neither smiling nor frowning, just peaceful. His nose is perfect and slightly upturned (and, for once in the last week, not gunky). He looked up at me once more with my dark brown eyes before he gives in to the heaviness of his eyelids and falls asleep. He has his daddy's eyelashes and from my perspective, they looked two inches long on his little face. I am mesmerized. I know in the back of my mind all these things that need to be done- dishes, laundry, putting dinner away. But I am frozen in awe of this beautiful gift that God has given me. The gift not just of Darin himself, but of these frozen moments in time with him. And, I don't care about all those other things for the moment. Even thinking about it now, the moment itself seems to beautiful, perfect to have happened in my messy living room.
I want more of those moments, and, at the same time, wonder how many I miss every day. How many times God tries to slow me down, but I keep barreling on? My prayer today is just to be more aware of these "God moments" every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment